Monday, November 11, 2013

Aurifil Cotton Mako Thread Now Available!

I can't say enough good things about Aurifil thread. It's the thread I use for all my piecing and a good portion of my longarm quilting. It's supple yet strong, and has a lovely sheen.
(L to R): light sand; natural white; dove; gray.
These are four of the colors from Aurifil's Basics collection.  "Dove" is my go-to thread for piecing, as it blends in well with both light and dark colors. Check out all four colors here.

To celebrate its 30th anniversary, Aurifil and Moda are holding a "hey girl" contest featuring pictures of Aurifil's founder, Alex Veronelli. I must confess to having spent quite a bit of time during the Ryan Gosling hey girl tumult, and these pictures are also pretty funny (if you like sewing humor).  You can find the contest details here, and visit the flickr page here for some giggles.

Aurigirl Aurifil love Aurifil Hey Girl
Photo courtesy of Pat Sloan

No comments: