Wednesday, February 15, 2012

WIP Wednesday and Shop Update


It's been busy around here, but in between getting the shop up and running, I've been trying my hand at a little English paper piecing.  You've probably seen this in quite a few places in blogland -- I found my inspiration here and here.  The second link to Self Sewn also has a great tutorial.

It's a very soothing exercise, perfect for evenings when sitting over multiple episodes of Downton Abbey is the only item on the agenda.   Each blog uses about half of a jellyroll strip (2.5" by 20") for the six star points, and all of the fabrics pictured here are from my scrap basket(s).


Since it is Wednesday, I'll be linking up with Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday series.  To add another WIP to the mix, here's my latest version of the ubiquitous Swoon block:


And finally, we've added a California Girl fat quarter bundle to the shopJoanna Figueroa and Fig Tree never disappoints, and this collection is absolutely gorgeous.  The fabrics are arriving, slowly but surely, so keep watching this blog for updates!


1 comment:

Susie at ProsperityStuff said...

Your EPP stars look great! After I finish my current project, I might have to make some colored stars, instead of my muslin stars surrounded by tumbling blocks! I like both looks! Amazing how much variety you can get with just the one diamond shape!